True Blood Season 4 started! I can’t wait to watch the first episode.
Even though vampires used to scare the hell out of me as a child, I got hooked on those vampire TV shows and for a while dreamt of becoming one (bizarre, I know).
Who else is a fan of this awesome TV show? 🙂
Now, before anyone attacks me on this (I’m assuming the topic is a little controversial), I’m just giving my opinion on the subject. I would never excuse cheating or open relationships/marriages at any point, but I’m just looking at this from an emotional point of view. I’m not trying to be “cool” by supporting western ideologies (as some people have accused me of doing), I’m just looking at it from a logical perspective.
Can we be emotionally monogamous? I don’t think so. Is this why cheating/adultery statistics are high? I think it definitely is to blame. Here are some arguments (they may be sufficient reasons to some and for others not) that argue AGAINST the concept of monogamy:
- “No animal is 100% monogamous” – This argument concludes that we humans consequently are not “naturally” monogamous.
- “Mating is a natural, biological instinct – hence, we are biologically driven to mate with as many partners as possible” – This addresses the subject of promiscuity in a more scientific manner.
- “Media” – The number one culprit in almost all “societal” shifts. People blame media for exposing us to more, making us aware of more things and seducing us and making us less likely to remain faithful to one partner for the rest of our lives.
Since we’re on the subject of Android, this comic is hilarious and very true! (Except I’m not a boy)
I’ve had the HTC Desire for about a year and 3 months now. I love the phone, I think it’s a great alternative to the iPhone and it really goes to show that you don’t need the iPhone to have a great touchscreen smartphone.
I’m a big supporter of the Android OS for several reasons:
- Personalization – I love customizing the way my phone looks. With the Android OS, you most probably have several home screens where you can have a screen with a calendar, or an e-mail widget. If you use your phone mostly for social purposes, you can have Facebook on one screen, Twitter on another, and your favorite contacts on one. These “widgets” allow you to customize your phone whichever way you like.
- You don’t need iTunes – I hate that with my iPod, I need to sync it every time to the same iTunes on one laptop/PC. With Android, I just need a PC and a cable.
- Widgets – I know I already mentioned them, but they need another mention. Best. Invention. EVER. My phone doesn’t always look the same with this invention. Instead of little icons everywhere, I have a weather widget, a Facebook widget where I can just post a status, a YouTube widget for quick searches, newspapers widget, e-mail widget, the list goes on.
- Google Integration – Enough said.
- Notification Bar – I love that any e-mails, application updates, messages, and missed calls are all united under one notification bar at the top of the phone easy for me to check.
- App Market – Yes, the iPhone Market may have more apps, but the Android market is catching up real quick. Plus we have a lot more apps for free 🙂
- Hardware Choices – I’m not confined with one hardware supplier. I can choose from HTC, Motorola, Samsung, and LG.
- It’s not an iPhone – Yes, I’m biased. I’m a hardcore Android fan and adamantly against owning an iPhone 🙂
I’m suffering from what you may call “ergophobia”. In plain English that’s fear of work. I just DESPISE dragging myself to work every single day to the point that I have nightmares on a daily basis because I do NOT want to go.
Am I lazy? No. Do I have ambitions? Certainly! But my issue is with the one person I think we can all familiarize ourselves with: the “boss”. Even worse: “the female boss”. OK OK, now men shouldn’t get all smug and happy, but it’s true. I’ve experienced it first-hand – female bosses are much more worse than male bosses, especially to other females. ESPECIALLY if this boss resembles symptoms of a “single white female” (you know that movie with the girl having borderline personality disorder? Yep). As much as we all have difficult bosses, this has reached beyond the point of difficulty. She’s unprofessional, psychotic, racist, reveals secrets of everyone at the office and makes everyone feel that they mount to nothing. Now being career driven, this is not where I envisioned myself 4 years after graduation.
Whatever the situation is, it’s making miserable. I’m starting to think I picked the wrong career, that I want to move out, or continue my studies elsewhere. It’s left me in a dilemma because I have no clue how to get out of this. I’m at a point where I believe no other job in this field is going to make me happy. I believe I’m also suffering from Sleep Apnea, because no matter how much I sleep, I wake up exhausted every single day. I’ve gained weight, my skin isn’t healthy, and I’m blaming it on everything and everyone.
Sure, yea, you have rules on how to deal with stress at work. But when you’re at a point where you don’t want to deal with stress, what do you do? I have debts. I want to move jobs, but I’m tired of moving to jobs I don’t want to do. I don’t know where to look. Should I leave Kuwait? Or should I stay?
I just needed to rant. The situation at work is getting worse everyday and I feel helpless.