So I’ve refrained from blogging, actually, I haven’t refrained per se but I was just so moved by many losses that have taken place over the past month.
Firstly, I hear about the passing of person I didn’t personally know, but have heard of and know her social circle. She passed away in a tragic car accident at the age of 29.
Secondly, Amy Winehouse passes away at the age of 27. (Many say they saw it coming, but she has actually been making the effort to clean up her act).
Thirdly, someone’s sister in the university I studied in passed away while working out at a gym. She was in her late 20’s and she had a 4 year old daughter.
Fourthly, another American guy working in ITT was preparing to leave to the states for good within a week. He passed away by crashing into a fuel tanker on his way to work.
Lastly, a friend’s fiance has passed away.
Yes, death is unpredictable and happens every day. But I have never experienced the death of so many people I knew or knew of in such a short period of time. On top of that, they were all in their late 2o’s, still at the beginning of their journey.
This has made me think and ponder and allowed me to reevaluate my life in so many ways. I will work on making the most of every moment, no regrets:
- I will love my family and friends, unconditionally. They can get annoying, fussy, or demanding all the want. I will let them know I love them and make them proud everyday.
- I need to start accomplishing the goals I want to achieve. Whether its travelling to new countries or taking up photography, I need to start.
- I will not waste my time with shallow, superficial, “fake” people. I will not put up with that s*** anymore.
- I will become closer to God. I have neglected to do so in the past couple of years for no reason at all. Having faith in God is what strengthens me and I need to start working on my spirituality.
- I will start saving money. Yea yea yea, I’ve been working for the past 3 years and haven’t saved a penny. I just have a bad tendency of spending a lot when I’m bored. No more (that’s not to say I won’t indulge every once in a while).
- I will work on becoming healthier and fitter – my health has been experiencing a setback recently and its all due to bad lifestyle choices.
- I will enjoy the simpler things in life – walking, reading, swimming, spending time with family at home. Life has become too fast and high tech that we have forgotten the small meaningful activities we once enjoyed.
- I need to support a cause and become an active member – so all the money I’ve spent on clothes or bags or shoes that I get sick of very quickly could’ve been spent on a cause which needs this money more than I need a bag or a new pair of jeans. Every time I think I need a new shirt or bag, I’ll think a little harder as to what this money can do to a homeless child or ailing person.
- I will let the small things go – its not worth it dwelling on the little things that happen. People will always want to talk about you, whether you do something good or bad or worthy or not. Let them talk. Live your life the way you want to while they sit and talk about it.